There might be several reasons why you would want to replace a face in a video: one is to protect someone else’s privacy; or you’re doing it just for fun. On the other hand, many video editors offer some features to change the face in a video. With that, we recommend two tools which can help you change a face in a video.
ApowerEdit is a professional video editor which has advanced video editing functions. It enables you to replace a face in a video using its picture in picture feature without any difficulty since it has a friendly user interface. It also lets you add texts, filters, overlays, transitions and elements. Aside from that, users are allowed to cut, trim, split, merge, rotate, crop, zoom and add mosaic. The produced videos can be used for advertising, teaching, presentation and many more. Also, it can not only be played on your computer but also on iOS and other Android devices. See the complete guide on how to replace a face in video with this tool.
- Download and install the program on your computer. Once the program installed, launch it.
- To add video and picture to the program, simply click on the “Import” button, then “Import file” and choose the video and pictures from your computer.
- After that, right click the video in the media library and click “Add to Project.” Next, drag and drop picture to the PIP track.
- On the picture track, right click the picture then hit “Edit.” Select motion and mask which you want for the picture.
- Lastly, click the “Export” > “Export” to save the video.
Use Adobe After Effects
Adobe After Effects is an alternative tool which you can use to solve the problem of how to change a face in video. This software can help you make cool movie titles and intros. It can also add some effects like rain, snow and fire, animate characters and logos. Furthermore, this is a great tool which you can use to create videos for film, TV and other video sites on the internet. See the simple steps below on how this program works.
- Open the tool on your computer.
- Next, select a video clip, then drag and drop it on the program.
- Click the video file, then hit the “Animation” button, then “Track in Mochae AE”. Just make sure that the Frame Rate is the same as the AAE.
- After that, select an area around the face in the video and click the “Track” button.
- Once done, click on the “Export Tracking Data.” Hit “Copy to Clipboard” and now move to AAE, then create a null object.
- Once you have a null object, paste the data you copied. Choose a picture or avatar and then add it on the tool. Reposition it to replace the face on the video.
- Finally, press Ctrl+M to export the video.
There are other ways on how to replace a face in video. However, these two methods are the most effective ones among other solutions. By using these programs, replacing the face in a video is just a piece of cake. Thus, if you look at the two ways closely, you’ll notice that ApowerEdit has a simple process unlike Adobe After Effects. Moreover, ApowerEdit offers classic video editing functions and a user friendly interface.