Due to iOS system restrictions, iPhone and iPad users are not allowed to control their devices from PC directly. A good news is that ApowerMirror will add a new feature to control iPhone/iPad from PC based on its screen mirroring functions. Below is a detailed guide on how to control iPhone/iPad from PC using ApowerMirror.
How to control iPhone/iPad from PC using ApowerMirror
Click the button below to download and install ApowerMirror on your PC.
Go to the App Store and search for “ApowerMirror” and install it on your iPhone/iPad. You can also click the button below to get it on your iOS device.
Check system requirement
To control iOS device from PC, you need to make sure that your computer is running Windows 10 with version 1703 and above. To check your computer system edition and version, simply go to Settings > System > About, and you’ll find the Windows specifications. If the system edition is not Windows 10, or the version is below 1703, you need to upgrade your computer system.
Check Bluetooth capability
Check if your computer has Bluetooth capability. Generally, laptops have built-in Bluetooth capabilities; but for desktop computers, you may need an external Bluetooth adapter. Simply press the Win key + X, then select Device Manager from the menu to check the Bluetooth capability.
Mirror iPhone/iPad to PC
Before you start controlling your iPhone/iPad from PC, you need to mirror your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Check out this guide to do it.
Once mirrored, you will find the control icon on the right toolbar. Click the control icon and it will turn blue. Then you can start pairing your devices and control your iOS from your PC.
Pair and control iOS via Bluetooth
- On your Windows 10, click the Start menu.
- From there, proceed to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices, and turn on bluetooth.
- On your iPhone/iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and enable Bluetooth.
- It will automatically detect device to pair. Select your computer from the devices list to connect.
- There will be an “Add a device” notification on your computer. Click it and a new window will pop up. Then click Allow to pair your iPhone/iPad and Windows 10.
- Once paired, you can control your iPhone/iPad from your Windows 10 computer.
- To stop controlling, simply click the control icon again and it will turn grey, and the control feature will then be disabled.
- Q: What to do if I can’t pair my iPhone/iPad to my computer?
A: You can unpair the Bluetooth device that is your Windows computer and pair again. Tap Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap the info button, then Forget This Device. Afterward, try pairing again.
- Q: What to do if my computer shows as two devices with the same name on the devices list?
A: You need to pair both devices with the same name, and then you can start to control your iOS from PC.
Above are the detailed steps on how to control iPhone/iPad from Windows PC. Simply follow the guidance to enjoy controlling iOS devices on your computer. If you have any inquiries, feel free to comment below.