Four Ways to Display your Phone Screen on PC
Method 1: Employ ApowerMirror
The first tool you need is ApowerMirror! ApowerMirror excels in displaying your phone screen on PC and provides the powerful function in controlling Android from PC with keyboard and mouse. By following several simple steps, users are allowed to play mobile games mirrored on a larger screen by using mouse. What’s more, it will be a perfect choice to enjoy movies with family on PC instead of the tiny phone screen. During the process, you are able to take snapshots and record screen.
For iOS devices
- Go to Apple Store to download ApowerMirror app. Then connect your iPhone and PC to the same network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and open AirPlay on your phone. Then choose the device name including “Apowersoft”. Soon you will find phone screen is displayed on your PC.
For Android devices
- Turn on your USB debugging and plug in the cable to connect two devices. Then you will get a notification box asking for your permission to install the application on the phone. Choose “Accept.” If it fails the installation, you are supposed to download it manually.
- Activate the app on your phone and a window will pop out. Choose “Don’t show again” and click “START NOW”. Soon you will find phone screen cast on the desktop.
Note: If you have connected your Android to PC via USB cable for once, next time you could also connect them via WiFi and control your phone from PC. Click the “Mirror” button on your phone. Wait for it to detect your computer’s name. Tap the name of your PC. Within seconds, your phone screen will be mirrored on PC.
Method 2: Use ApowerManager
For those who want to utilize a professional tool to display phone screen on computer, you could try this ApowerManager. It can transfer data between phone and PC, backup mobile files. It has the ability to restore contents from previous backups, take screenshots, manage multimedia contents, and many more.
Below are the instructions of how to display phone screen on laptop using this software:
- Install ApowerManager on your Windows/Mac.
- Install ApowerManager app on your phone.
- Connect your Phone and your computer via USB cable.
- Click on the “Reflect” icon. Then you will get a notification box asking for your permission to capture everything that’s displayed on your phone. Choose “Start Now” on your phone.
ApowerManager is an easy and practical way to display mobile screen on PC. Aside from real time screen mirroring, you could also do other stuffs such as transferring files or sending text messages by clicking the designated icons located on top of the interface.
Method 3: Buy Phone Screen Projector
If you don’t want to install programs on your computer or Android handset, you can opt to buy a phone screen projector. This indeed is leaned towards real hardcore users or professionals looking for a more advanced way of sharing mobile screen. These phone projectors are highly technological gadgets made especially for forensic experts as well as government agencies.
Phone screen projectors are easy to use and they can display phone screen on PC in stunning clarity with high resolution. The major drawback of this is that phone projectors don’t come cheap. Prices can range from few hundreds up to thousands of dollars depending on the device quality.
Method 4: Use Android SDK and Droid@screen
Droid@screen is yet another tool that can display phone screen on computer. It is simple to use and best of all free. With this tool you don’t need to have a rooted phone or pay highly priced mobile apps just to mirror your Android screen on PC. However, it requires a bit of patience and some technical know-how’s.
- First download and install Android SDK Tool on your PC.
- Then download and install Droid@screen on your computer.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Java running on your PC but if not, install it first before proceeding with the next step.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Android phone.
- Open Droid@screen on your PC.
- Enter the location of adb.exe by typing in “C:\Users\Your Account Name\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe”.
- Attach your Android device on your computer with USB cable to be able to display mobile screen on PC.
The main problem with Droid@screen is that you need to install two different programs on your computer before you can start using its service. Additionally, locating the Android Debug Bridge or adb.exe is somewhat complicated. It is definitely not for non-techie individuals or those with very little knowledge when it comes to file exploration. Also, it doesn’t have extra features but only screen mirroring.
There are many ways on how to display phone screen on laptop. You can choose from Droid@screen, ApowerMirror, ApowerManager and others. However, ApowerManager is a professional app that transfers data between different devices mostly though it can mirror phone screen on PC. As a result, ApowerMirror is specialized in displaying phone screen on PC and enables users to control Android from PC, which offers the excellent experience.